Brisket benefits from long slow cooking with a considerable amount of moisture to break down the connective tissue and produce a tender result. Lightly oil and season the brisket in a frying pan over medium-high heat to achieve a rich brown colour. Transfer to a slow cooker arranging in a single layer to ensure even cooking. Add stock or liquid to almost cover the meat and bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cover with a tight-fitting lid according to the recipe. The end result should be fork tender.
- EXCELLENT SOURCE OF PROTEIN (contains at least 10g/serve)
- EXCELLENT SOURCE OF VITAMIN B12 (contains at least 25% of the recommended daily intake for adults)
- EXCELLENT SOURCE OF ZINC (contains at least 25% of the recommended daily intake for adults)
- SOURCE OF IRON (contains at least 10% of the recommended daily intake for adults)
- LOW SODIUM (contains less than 120mg/100g)