Remove meat from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking. Trim any excess fat if necessary. Brown meat all over in a frying pan to render down the fat and bring out the rich flavour of the meat. Preheat oven to 220 ºC. Place meat, fat side up, on a rack in a roasting dish cooking for a calculated time as indicated by your recipe, basting occasionally A general guide for rump to achieve medium cooking results is to cook at 200 ºC for 20 – 25 minutes, and 25 – 30 minutes for well done. Best results will be gained by testing with a meat thermometer. Internal temperatures for meat when cooked are: 60ºC medium-rare, 65ºC medium, 75ºC well-done. Stand the roast for 15 minutes before carving across the grain into thin slices. Reserve any meat juices for gravy or creams suggested by your recipe.
- EXCELLENT SOURCE OF PROTEIN (contains at least 10g/serve)
- EXCELLENT SOURCE OF VITAMIN B12 (contains at least 25% of the recommended daily intake for adults)
- EXCELLENT SOURCE OF ZINC (contains at least 10% of the recommended daily intake for adults)
- SOURCE OF IRON (contains at least 10% of the recommended daily intake for adults)
- LOW SODIUM (contains less than 120mg/100g)