Remove the lamb shanks from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking to bring to room temperature which results in even cooking. To get the best out of the shanks make sure to sear them first in a very hot pan until they are brown all over, which intensifies the flavor of the final dish. Slowly cook the shanks in a casserole dish with your choice of vegetables, herbs and stock in the oven or slow cooker as per recipe instructions, until they’re meltingly tender.
- LOW SATURATED FAT (less than 1.5g/100g)
- LOW SODIUM (contains less than 120mg/100g)
- EXCELLENT SOURCE OF PROTEIN (contains at least 10g/serve)
- EXCELLENT SOURCE OF VITAMIN B12 (contains at least 25% of the recommended daily intake for adults)
- EXCELLENT SOURCE OF ZINC (contains at least 25% of the recommended daily intake for adults)
- SOURCE OF IRON (contains at least 10% of the recommended daily intake for adults)