Sprinkle the oxtails with a little salt and coat the sides with flour. Add them to a hot skillet on medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes until evenly browned on all sides. Transfer oxtails to a slow cooker. Depending on your chosen recipe, this is when you add herbs, vegetables and flavors. Cover the oxtails with liquid by about 1 inch. Cover with a tight lid and cook on low for 8 hours or 3 to 4 hours on high heat. Be careful not to remove the lid and stir as this will allow the heat to escape. Transfer to a serving platter and let the oxtail rest for 3-5 minutes before eating..
- EXCELLENT SOURCE OF PROTEIN
- EXCELLENT SOURCE OF VITAMIN B12 (contains at least 25% of the recommended daily intake for adults)
- EXCELLENT SOURCE OF ZINC (contains at least 25% of the recommended daily intake for adults)
- SOURCE OF IRON (contains at least 10% of the recommended daily intake for adults)
- LOW SODIUM (contains less than 120mg/100g)